Short Term Health Insurance
Short term health insurance is coverage that you purchase independently. Although the majority of Americans receive coverage through their employer or government programs, five percent of the population buys their own individual health insurance.
Who is short term health insurance best for?
Individual health insurance is ideal if you are:
- Employed by a company that does not provide health benefits
- You are a part time or seasonal employee
- Looking to replace a current individual plan
- Between jobs
- Recently laid off, and COBRA is too expensive for you
- Over age 26, not covered under your parents’ plan
Evaluate your situation
Knowing your priorities will help you narrow down your choices and weigh the pros and cons of each plan. Here are some questions you should answer before you begin shopping for a policy:
- What monthly premium can I afford?
- Do I want coverage for preventive care or just in case of a major illness or accident?
- Who has the largest or most convenient provider network for my lifestyle?
- Do I want greater control over my medical resources?
- Am I planning on having a child in the future?
What type of Individual Coverage does American Westbrook offer?
Our individual insurance programs are geared to fulfill these needs, we offer:
Individual and Family Plans
The most common form of insurance and is continual as long as premiums are paid. Designed as a long term solution to address the needs of Single Adults, Families, and Children-Only. A diverse selection of health insurance plans are available to fit a wide range of budgets. From PPO options to High-Deductible HSA-compatible plans.
Short Term/Temporary Plans
Purchased on a per diem basis; ideal if you seek coverage for a time period of 6 months or less. Designed as gap coverage to address the needs of those between jobs, post-graduates, etc. Provides you and your family basic protection against unexpected accidents or illness while you are waiting for other coverage to begin.
To find out more about which Individual Health Insurance option may best address your current situation, please contact your our office today or call your American Westbrook Account Executive.