This Web site is controlled, operated and intended for use only in the United States of America. We do not represent that materials on this Web site are appropriate or made available for use outside of the United States of America.
Ownership of Materials & Restrictions on Use
The information on this Web site, along with any materials (including, for example, press releases and product descriptions) is the copyrighted work of American Westbrook and is protected under United States and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. American Westbrook grants you permission to copy such materials so long as each copy: (i) is solely for informational, non-commercial use and is not modified or revised in any manner; (ii) plainly displays all copyright and other proprietary notices, in the same form and manner as on the original; and (iii) displays a statement that the materials are used solely with permission of American Westbrook. To seek permission for any other use, please contact American Westbrook.
"American Westbrook", "The Roofer's Advantage", and the shield design are federally registered service marks of American Westbrook Insurance Services.
We value you as a customer and we know how much privacy means to you.
Our Privacy Principles:
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect American Westbrook customer information.
- We do not share customer medical information with anyone within the American Westbrook family of companies unless:
- You expressly authorize it.
- It is permitted or required by law.
- Your insurance policy contract with us permits us to do so.
- We afford prospective and former customers with the same protections as existing customers with respect to the use of personal information.
Information We May Collect:
We collect, use, and share information we need to conduct our business, to advise you of our products and services, and to provide you with customer service. We may collect and maintain several types of customer information needed for these purposes, such as those below.
Types of information we may collect and how we gather it:
- From you, on applications for our insurance products, or on other forms, through telephone or in-person interviews, or your American Westbrook agent, information such as your address and telephone number;
- From your transactions with us, such as your payment history, underwriting, and claim records; and
- From non-American Westbrook companies, organizations, or consumer reporting agencies, such as your driving record, claim history, or credit history.
How We Use Information About You:
We use customer information to fulfill a transaction you may have requested, underwrite your policies, process and investigate your claims, ensure proper billing, service your accounts, detect or prevent fraud, participate in insurance support organizations, comply with lawful requests from regulatory and law enforcement authorities, and offer you other American Westbrook products we feel may suit your needs.
We share information about our transactions (such as payment of premium) and experiences (such as an accident claim) with you with American Westbrook affiliates under common control and with American Westbrook agents to better serve you and to help meet your current product and service needs. We may share information about you with persons or organizations inside or outside our family of companies as permitted or required by law, including sharing with companies that perform marketing or other services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These agreements allow us to provide a broader selection of insurance products to you. These persons or organizations may include:
- Our affiliated companies
- Companies that perform services, such as marketing, on our behalf.
- Insurance companies. This would be done so they could perform their role in an insurance transaction involving you.
- Independent claims adjusters.
- A business or businesses that conduct actuarial or research studies.
- People who request information pursuant to a subpoena or court order.
- Repair shops and recommended claims vendors.
- Your agent or broker.
We may also share customer information with consumer reporting agencies and with other entities as needed to handle your claim and to protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions.
Your Choice to Share Information
There are two types of information sharing - sharing with American Westbrook affiliates and sharing outside American Westbrook. We do not sell customer information. We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes. The choice in the Special Notice, which follows, applies only to the sharing of information with American Westbrook affiliates.
SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING THE SHARING OF CERTAIN INFORMATION WITH AMERICAN WESTBROOK AFFILIATES
This special notice applies only to information sharing with American Westbrook affiliates that does not involve your transactions or experiences with us.
WHAT INFORMATION WE SHARE: Unless you tell us not to, we may share information with American Westbrook affiliates that was obtained from your application, such as your occupation; or business; or information obtained from a consumer or business report, such as your credit history.
We may also verify information provided by you, such as your loss history. This sharing may take place unless you have told us not to share this information.
WHY WE SHARE: We may share information about you with American Westbrook affiliates:
- To enhance our service to you.
- To underwrite your policies.
- To measure your interest in our products or services.
- To improve existing products and develop new ones.
- To monitor customer trends.
WHO WE SHARE WITH: We may share information within the American Westbrook affiliates, including but not limited to:
- American Builders & Contractors Supply Co., Inc. and its affiliates.
- Insential, Inc.
- Hendricks Holding Company, Inc. and its affiliates.
If you are a new customer and you prefer that American Westbrook not share your personal information among our family of companies, call or write your American Westbrook agent or call us toll-free at 1-800-894-9091. Your choice will also apply to your joint account holders and/or policyholders.
If you are an existing customer and have already told us your sharing preference, no action is needed unless you want to change your information sharing preference. To change your preference at any time, call or write your American Westbrook agent or call the toll-free number listed above.
Your choice does not limit American Westbrook from sharing certain information about your transactions with us (such as your name, address, and payment history) or your experiences with us (such as your claim activity). This choice does not apply to our efforts to market products and services to you - you may receive information about American Westbrook products that may suit your needs.
American Westbrook Protects Customer Information:
In order to ensure the safety of customer information, we continually:
- Maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards
- Review our policies and practices
- Monitor our computer networks
- Test the strength of our security
Thank you for choosing American Westbrook. We value you as a customer and appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
Bulk E-Mail and Other Prohibited E-Mail
The American Westbrook computer network (which includes, but is not limited to, the technology and applications which support the e-mail functionality American Westbrook provides its officers, employees, independent contractor agents, and other authorized users) is the private property of American Westbrook.
American Westbrook also prohibits any e-mail transmissions of the following types to be sent, or caused to be sent, over the Internet to more than 5 different amwestbrook.com e-mail addresses in any 24-hour period unless American Westbrook, through one of its officers, has authorized the sending of such e-mail: (1) commercial advertising; (2) informational announcements; (3) political or religious tracts; or (4) solicitations for funds or donations.
American Westbrook prohibits any e-mail transmission to be sent, or caused to be sent, over the Internet to any amwestbrook.com e-mail addresses if the e-mail is intended to, or appears intended to, harass, embarrass, threaten, defame or impersonate any person, or if the e-mail is pornographic, offensive, indecent, discriminatory or offensive on the basis of sex, color, national origin, race, age, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
American Westbrook prohibits any e-mail transmission to be sent, or caused to be sent, over the Internet to any amwestbrook.com e-mail address that makes use of a forged header or deceptive addressing, or which attempts in any manner to disguise the source of the e-mail.
American Westbrook prohibits the harvesting or collection of the e-mail addresses of American Westbrook agents and/or personal financial representatives from the amwestbrook.com web site for the purpose of sending bulk e-mail to amwestbrook.com e-mail addresses.
American Westbrook reserves the right to take all legal and technical steps available, including pursuing civil remedies and criminal prosecution, to prevent bulk or other prohibited e-mail from entering, utilizing or remaining within the American Westbrook computer network.
Nothing in this policy is intended to grant any right to transmit or send e-mail to, or through, the American Westbrook computer network. American Westbrook's failure to enforce this policy in every instance in which it might have application does not amount to a waiver of American Westbrook's rights.
Links to Other Web Sites
This Web site may contain links to other sites. American Westbrook provides links to other sites as a convenience to persons who visit the American Westbrook Web site. If you choose to use the services provided by those sites, you may be asked by those sites to provide certain personally identifiable information (some of which may, on an individual or aggregated basis, be shared with American Westbrook). Please be aware that American Westbrook is not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites, even though American Westbrook's name or logo may appear on those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy policies of each and every Web site that you visit, as the privacy policies of those sites may differ from ours. Our Privacy Statement applies solely to this Web site.
American Westbrook is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site.
Links to amwestbrook.com
American Westbrook appreciates your interest in linking your Web Site (the "Linking Site") to American Westbrook's Web site, located at www.amwestbrook.com. In order to avoid misunderstandings regarding the use of American Westbrook's trademarks, trade names and other proprietary information, American Westbrook asks that you review and agree to the following guidelines:
- Third parties are authorized to include active links on Web sites they control to direct a browser to American Westbrook's "home page" at http://www.amwestbrook.com.
However, third parties may not include on their Web sites links to any other page maintained on the amwestbrook.com Web site unless they have received prior written permission of an officer of American Westbrook or unless the Linking Site is an Internet search engine.
- Framing. Unless you have received specific written permission from American Westbrook, you may not (a) "frame" or otherwise impose editorial comment, commercial material or any type of identification on (or in proximity to) content displayed on the American Westbrook Web site ("American Westbrook Content"), (b) alter or modify American Westbrook Content, or (c) "cut and paste" or otherwise reproduce American Westbrook Content on the Linking Site.
- No Archiving. Your link must be to the current American Westbrook site only. In permitting linking, American Westbrook does not grant you the right to reproduce, modify, cache or archive the American Westbrook Content for any purpose.
- Link At Your Own Risk. American Westbrook makes no representations or warranties regarding the American Westbrook Web site, which is provided "as is." Linking Sites link to the American Westbrook Web site at their own risk. American Westbrook is under no obligation to maintain the American Westbrook Web site, provide or update American Westbrook Content or otherwise support your link to the American Westbrook Web site.
- Termination. American Westbrook may revoke this license immediately if you fail to follow these guidelines. American Westbrook may revoke this license upon ten (10) days notice without cause.
THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AMERICAN WESTBROOK DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. AMERICAN WESTBROOK DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONALITY OR OPERATION OF THE AMERICAN WESTBROOK WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE FROM ERROR, THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE WEB SITE WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE WEB SITE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CONDITIONS OR COMPONENTS.
AMERICAN WESTBROOK MAY CHANGE THE PROGRAMS OR PRODUCTS MENTIONED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. ADDITIONALLY, ALL INSURANCE PRODUCTS REFERRED TO IN THIS WEB SITE ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY AND QUALIFICATIONS. PRODUCT TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS NOT DESCRIBED IN THIS WEB SITE MAY APPLY.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AMERICAN WESTBROOK DISCLAIMS LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES) IN ANY WAY ARISING FROM THE FUNCTIONALITY OR OPERATION OF THIS WEB SITE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES ARISING FROM INTERRUPTIONS OF SERVICE OR DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION), EVEN IF AMERICAN WESTBROOK IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.